Artist in Residence Application Form 2019
The Grace Butler Memorial Foundation Award at Ara
Is now open for submission
Please read the information below before completing the online application form.
Note: You can only submit your entry online through this form.
Please have the INFORMATION and SUPPORT MATERIAL (see below) at hand when you complete this form online.
Page one of the form collects information about you, the artist.
Page two of the form collects information about your
If you do not have all the information required to complete your application, as long as you have filled out Page one and clicked 'Save and Continue' you can leave the form at any stage by clicking onto another page in the site. Once you have collected the required information you may upload it by clicking the link below.
Once the "Save & Send" button is used, your entry form is completed, you cannot go back to change your entry.
The form is best displayed in Google Chrome browser. Click here to view the Conditions of Entry
In the online form you will be asked to provide the following:
- Background. Describe your
artspractice, the subjects and thematic concerns of your work, and your materials and processes. (up to 200 words online)
- Summarise your intentions and plans for your work, describing – where appropriate - exhibitions,
artsprojects, events, publications, reviews and peer support that has been important to the development of your artspractice and your current objectives and how the Grace Butler Memorial Foundation Award at Ara will assist in their development and realisation. (up to 500 words onine)
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV). Please
list:Education and tertiary institutions; exhibition history; previous awards and residencies; work held in public and/or private collections; representation of your work by commercial galleries; publications/reviews and commentary about your practice. (Uploaded as a pdf)
- Please detail a separate sheet that identifies the title, year, materials and dimensions of each image with the image numbered accordingly. (Uploaded as a pdf)
- A letter of support for your application from someone conversant with your
artspractice and their contact details, as well as an additional referee who is conversant with your work. (Uploaded as a pdf)
- Up to 10 images of your work, selected for their representation of your practice with attention upon the past 18 months. (Uploaded online as
The non-refundable application fee of $20 must be paid by Direct Credit. This application fee is for the management of the Award and does not contribute to the Award prize money. All fees include GST. Your application will be processed when your application fee is received.
- Direct Credit payments are to be made into account: 02-0800 -0440848-02.
- Put your name in the Particulars Field
- Entry No. in the Code Field
- Butler Memorial 765845-1 in the Reference Field.